About

About the Plant

The History of Plastpolymer-Prom, LLC

Plastpolymer-Prom, LLC, has a long and rich history going back to the beginning of the 18th century. In the course of its history it has changed its face several times.

In 1715, Russia’s Emperor Peter the Great issued a decree, according to which a gunpowder mill was to be built at the junction of the Okhta River and the Luppa River (now called Lubya). This mill was needed to provide the Russian army with gunpowder during the war against Sweden. Jacob Bruce, General of the Artillery, supervised the construction of the mill. He was the Commander of Russian artillery and President of the Collegium of Mining which directed mining and manufacturing activities in Russia. The mill was later to turn into the Okhta Chemical Plant, the father of Plastpolymer-Prom.

Starting from the middle of the 18th century, the mill was the biggest manufacturing plant in Saint Petersburg. It was well-equipped for those days and sufficiently mechanized with the help of water power coming from a wooden dam which had been constructed on the Okhta River to provide the mill with energy.

In the 19th century, the mill (now a plant) became the leader in its branch of industry as well as the biggest gunpowder plant in Russia and the main supplier of various kinds of powders for the army and navy. D.I.Mendeleev, P.N.Yablochkov, I.A.Vyshnegradsky, R.E.Klasson, V.N.Chikolev and others contributed to the technological progress made at the plant.

ОНПО Пластполимер

In 1817, the outstanding military rocket designer Alexander Zasyadko tested his first rockets at the plant, and General Konstantinov created a rocket department there. Only a decade later, a massive number of ten thousand 106mm rockets manufactured at the plant were launched during the Russo-Turkish War of 1828, and Konstantinov’s rocket launchers made it possible to fire 36 rockets simultaneously.

After the October Revolution, the plant continued to produce military goods for the Red Army, switching to the production of chemical products in 1922. In that period of time the country was deprived of the supply of many usual imported materials, which resulted in the decision to design and produce them using the country’s own resources. Having extensive technical facilities, an excellent chemical laboratory and great human resources, the plant dealt well with the tasks it had been assigned. This was the period when development work on the production of plastics was started and the production of a number of products began (such as carbon disulfide, celluloid, synthetic resins, camphor, varnish, caustic soda, bleach, film stock, leatherette, and others). The plant got a new name, the Okhta Chemical Plant, in 1931.

During the Second World War the production of ammunition was resumed. The plant produced rockets for Katyusha rocket launchers and was awarded with the Order of the Red Banner of Labor for the uninterrupted supply of ammunition for the army. After the Second World War ended, the Banner of the State Defence Committee of the USSR was given to the plant to be stored there forever.

As the time of peace began, the plant stopped producing ammunition which had previously taken up 80% of its gross output and resumed the production of nitrocellulose, celluloid, film stock, wood flour, chlorine and other products. This was the time when plant workers were engaged in research and development in the synthesis of new polymer materials and their processing. They mastered manufacturing processes aimed at the production of PVB film, vinyl plastic products (sheets, tubes, and rods), moulding powder, phenolformaldehyde resins, cellulose triacetate, and others. The plant was the first in the country to produce high-density polyethylene, ethyl cellulose, and epoxy resins.

The Okhta Chemical Plant, a pioneer in the chemical industry of the USSR and one of the most famous enterprises of the Soviet times, is of a particular value to the people of Saint Petersburg because it was one of the first enterprises founded by Peter the Great in the new capital city of Russia. One of the municipal districts of the city, Porokhovye (Gunpowder Mills), was named after the plant.

Today the plant operates and manufactures products made of fluoropolymers under the name of Plastpolymer-Prom, LLC.

Quality Control

All the products are produced in strict accordance with technical standards (TU) and pass quality control at the plant’s laboratory which is accredited for the tests needed. The quality of a number of products is controlled by the Military Representative Office of the Ministry of Defence.

Partners

ОАО «Сургутнефтегаз»ПАО «Татнефть»ООО «Логистик-Центр»ПАО «Компания «Сухой»ОАО “Силовые машины”АО «ПО «Севмаш»ОАО «НПО «СПЛАВ»АО «НПЦ газотурбостроения «Салют»ОАО «УМПО»ООО "Борец сервис-Нефтеюганск"ООО «Алмаз»ООО “Римера-Сервис” ЗАО “Новомет-Пермь”АО «ОКБМ Африкантов»АО «Сибирский химический комбинат»

Gallery

Company Details

 Полное наименование  Общество с ограниченной ответственносью"Пластполимер-Пром"
 Краткое наименование  ООО"Пластполимер-Пром"
ИНН 7806165089
КПП 780601001
ОГРН 1157847135335
р/с 407 0281 0800 00000 4018 в АО «Сити Инвест Банк» Санкт-Петербур
к/с 301 0181 0600 00000 0702
БИК 044030702
ОКПО 01193283
ОКВЭД 25.24.2
Генеральный директор
Новаковский В.А.
Главный бухгалтер
Афанасенкова В.В.


Download